January 02, 2006

About and disclaimers

About this blog: This blog will track the primary and general election of Congressional district 22, both in current events and my thoughts on what is happening.

I'm a Republican, but I've learned to separate emotion from reason when it comes to politics. In 2000 and 2004, I correctly predicted how 49 of 50 states would cast their electoral votes (I got NM wrong in 2000 and WI wrong in 2004). Also, in 2002 and 2004, I successfully predicted the results of every US Senate race but one each cycle.

If you want to know the most recent news and gossip, then this is the place to be. However, if you want to read long screeds on why Tom DeLay or Nick Lampson or another candidate is evil, immoral, or a danger to the country, then this isn't the place for you.

Oh, and I recognize that DeLay has primary challengers, and the name of the blog isn't intended to slight them. But what did you want me to call this blog? "DeLay and Challengers vs. Lampson" doesn't have the same ring to it.

If you want to read more about me, then try here.

Disclaimers: I'm not a big fan of disclaimers. You should judge my words based on the ideas behind them, not what you suspect my motive is in writing them. However, I promise you that my opinions will always be my opinions. At the moment I write this, I can think of nothing I could disclose that would be deemed relevant.

One more caveat: I don't intend to update this disclaimer. The only thing I promise is that anything I write here will be my honest opinion.

UPDATE: I wanted to add that I've met both DeLay and Fjetland. Some of you might think this is relevant. I don't, but I'll mention it anyway.

<< Home